Get Ready for CHALLENGE DAY 4!
Day 4′s workout on the WORKOUT SCHEDULE is:
- KICKSTARTER - WALK ~ BURST ~ TONE #1 OR anything CARDIO (walk, jog, bike, workout dvd, etc!) AND
- PM Workout - Flow Yoga #1
The WALK ~ BURST ~ TONE workout #1 is a great cardio workout that consists of intervals of brisk walking (can be outside or on a treadmill), then a burst of a higher intensity exercise, followed by a toning exercise. It’s an excellent way to build endurance. Get your heart pumping, blast that fat & strengthen & tone the muscles. Try it out!
- Remember to drink lots of water (1/2 your body weight in ounces) throughout the day! Flush out, cleanse & refresh.
- Go out & get some organic apple cider vinegar (BRAGG’s brand is best) to make your KICKSTART DRINK. You can add some organic apple juice to it if you really don’t like the taste.
- Start removing processed, refined, sugary, fried, artificial, fatty, empty calorie foods.
- Replace those foods with whole foods, fresh fruits & loads of veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds – foods that come directly from the earth. Eat simple. Eat clean. Feel the difference.
- Wake up early enough before your daily activities to get in your KICKSTARTER (30 minutes of anything CARDIO). After your daily activities & before dinner, get in your PM workout (this week’s Circuit Training or Flow Yoga). If you miss your KICKSTARTER, add 10-15 minutes of cardio to your PM workout!!
-4 oz. extra firm tofu
-option: 1 egg or egg whites
-1/4 cup mushrooms
-1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
-1/4 cup onions (diced)
-1 cup spinach or kale
-sea salt & pepper to taste
*Flavor w/ Mrs. Dash (yummy & no salt!) or all natural salsa
*Get creative w/ the veggies & spices!
-Press tofu using a paper towel to get out excess water. Break into crumbles. Spray a skillet w/ all natural non-stick cooking spray (olive oil, vegetable oil). Saute tofu, onions & mushrooms. Add seasonings. Add spinach / kale. (Option: add in the egg or egg whites & scramble/mix in.) Add the tomatoes last. (You don’t need to cook the veggies long. Just allow the greens to wilt a little.)
Kale & Quinoa Salad
1 – 2 cups organic kale (finely chopped)
4 oz. tempeh (find at health food stores, some grocery stores)
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup garbanzo beans (cooked or canned)
Veggies: broccoli, tomato, red onion
2 tsp fresh dill (or any green herb you like)
sea salt & pepper (to taste)
Dressing: 1 clove garlic (minced)
1- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
To cook the tempeh: Cut tempeh into thin strips or cubes. Spray a skillet w/ non-stick, all natural cooking spray (olive oil or vegetable oil). Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until heated through & slightly browned.
In a medium bowl, add kale, quinoa, garbanzo beans, tempeh & veggies. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic & lemon juice. Add the dressing to the kale & veggies & massage with your hands until the kale is moist. Add salt & pepper to taste. ENJOY!
GET CREATIVE with different veggies, beans, nuts, seeds, herbs to combine with the kale & quinoa!
DISCIPLINE IS REMEMBERING WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE.